Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What I ate Wednesday

In my last post I mentioned that I would post a day of IIFYM (If it fits your macros) meals to show you what it’s all about. When I started IIFYM I used to track my meals throughout the day but recently I’ve been doing it the night before for accuracy. Like I’ve said before it may seem tedious to track everything I eat but I actually enjoy it so it doesn’t bother me at all. It lets me know what I need to eat more of or what I need less of for the day. Anyways, below are screenshots of my meals from today with breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. As well as an overview of what my macros look like in total. I try my best to hit them dead on, but as you can see I went over on my fat by 4 grams. But as long as I am close to them I don’t stress too much. My macros are 130 protein/200 carbs/50 fat. The numbers are a little off in the screenshots because unfortunately MyFitnessPal only lets you change the macros by % rather than grams. 



Breakfast was a breakfast burrito with full fat cheddar cheese, 2 turkey sausage links, and 2 egg whites all rolled up in a flax flatbread. I tend to eat more egg whites now because the yolk has about 5 grams of fat and I would rather eat my 50 grams of fat for the day in nut butters or avocados. Total macros are = 13 fat, 18 carbs, 33 protein

Lunch was an everything bagel thin with cream cheese, and a gala apple with almond butter. Yes I actually measure both the cream cheese and almond butter, all for accuracy. Total macros= 22.5 fat, 51 carbs, 14 protein


Dinner was penne alfredo pasta with chicken and a side salad with fat free calorie free italian dressing (why I didn’t log it). I kept my carbs lower for breakfast and lunch so I could have pasta for dinner. Total macros= 11.5 fat, 94 carbs, 50 protein


Snacks were a protein shake with water and little cinnamon (post workout) and a 1 cookies and cream poptart for dessert, YUM. Total macros= 7.5 fat, 42 carbs, 32 protein



And this is what my macros look like for the whole day! I don’t have a rhym or reason for how many grams of each macro to hit for every meal, as long as I get it in at the end of the day. The only time I schedule specific macros are for post workout when I shoot for lots of protein and simple carbs (pop tarts) for recovery and muscle repair. But other than that I eat what I want and when I want, as long as it “fits my macros” of course! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment