Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A lil about me!

Hey everyone! Or the few that will actually read this. So why a blog now? Well as you know (if you know) I already have a “healthy” instagram where I post meals, recipes and random facts about living a healthier lifestyle butttt to be honest I’m kinda over it and will probably delete it soon. I want an outlet where I can discuss topics of my interest into further depth than allowed on instagram, and where the information is just as important as the image/s. I have learned TONS of stuff since I started this journey back in January that I want to share in the hope that it will help others. 

Throughout my short life I’ve tried to diet several times, which involved me eating a lot of packaged salad, lean cuisines and those wonderful 100 calorie packs. I would be strong for a good week and then  would slowly but surely go back to my old eating habits. While I can’t blame anyone but myself I’m sure it had to do with living at my parents house where the main food choices were pop tarts and 10 different kinds of sugary cereals. And let me tell you, those two things are my weakness. Espeically cherry pop tarts, zomg I’m drooling just thinking about it. Right now if you were to go to my moms you would find 4 boxes of pop tarts in the pantry. Every single time I go over there it is an internal battle to not eat one, which I surprisingly haven’t (yet)! I just love those damn pop tarts. 

Anways, after I moved out of my parents and into a house with my boyfriend my eating habbits still didn’t change. Our meals consisted of hamburger helper, spaghetti and oven pizza, not to mention the countless sugary snacks, little debbies, bags of chips and candy we had stocked up. That was just at home. We ate out several times a week and mostly at greasy fast food restaurants (A LOT of taco bell). Now that I think about it I really don’t know how I was able to eat all that crap, for every meal, everday. I mean don’t get me wrong I love bad food, that’s why I’m even here in the first place. But it’s all about moderation, not access and binging until you feel sick like I often did. The food caught up to me slowly but surely in the most sneakiest ways. Not only was I gaining weight but I was tired all the time, not matter how much sleep I got, I had horrible headaches on the daily and my stomach was always upset. But did I keep stuffing my face? Yep. Things only changed when around this past Christmas I had a whole week off from work and school which meant me lying around doing absolutely nothing except watching netflix and eating my moms wonderfully delicious gingerbread cookies. I was walking through the house with a gingerbread man in hand when I looked down and didn’t recognize myself. And I know I’ll get the comments like “you’re skinny what are you talking about” like I’ve gotten before, but in all reality you have no idea. I was very unhappy and remember feeling so self conscious about the way I looked in my clothes even on Christmas. I wanted to feel comfortable and confident in my body and I presently did not, at all. 

After winter break was over I knew it was time to make the change and stick with it for once. And now 7 months later I’m still at it! Yeah it started out as a mission to get rid of my Christmas fluff but soon it turned into bettering my health and my insides. I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost because I tend to stay away from the scale like any girl should, and I don’t particually focus on weight. Instead I focus on what I’ve gained, like knowledge, insight and a new outlook on food and nutrition. I love this lifestyle and even more I love sharing what I know to others. And let me just say that I don’t have a degree in nutrition and I don’t study it in school, most of the stuff I will post about I research or have found in my own experiences. So I hope that with this blog I can give to others what health has given to me.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment